Sunday 17 September 2017

Geography of a Football Part 2

Hi,

I am the brain of Betsy the cow, preserved through the use of modern science! Unfortunately, Betsy was killed in that 'Slaughterhouse' place and my meat was given to the local butcher. However, my cowhide underwent a special tanning process to be made into leather. My skin had to have the hair  removed and then be washed thoroughly for several days to prepare for the tanning. A special compound called Cromu... Chrome... Chromium Sulphate, or something like that, was then mixed in water with my cowhide. This completed the tanning process and made my skin more durable and more resistant to decomposition. My cowhide had now become leather.


Image Credit: www.madehow.com/Volume-3/Football.html
My tanned cowhide was then transferred to 'Wilson Sports  Factory' to be made into sometime called a 'Football'. This manufacturing process began with my leather being cut into a bend. The bend was cut into four equally sized panels in a pointed oval shape as shown:
A human manufactured lining was sewn to each panel to prevent the panels from growing or stretching out of shape when they are being used. Several holes were then punched into the panels, most were used for the lacing of the football while one was kept for the inflation needle. Next the panels were sewn together using hot wax, a rubber bladder was inserted between the panels and the ball was laced. Finally, to top it all off, I was inflated!

I had now become what I had always been destined to be .... a FOOTBALL! ............ I have no idea what a football is but I will find out soon as I am now being transferred on board a van, where the destination is I do not know. I'll end this blog here but I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment