Wednesday 27 September 2017

Geography of a Football Part 3

Hi,
I am Betsy the Football and ex-cow. I have been brought from the Wilson Sports Factory to a place called "MetLife Stadium: Home of the New York Giants and the New York Jets". I have never met a giant before so I hope this family are nice and they don't squish me. I'd say they're really big because this house of theirs looks massive from the outside. Also it seems kind of strange that a giant would share its home with a jet, but I hope I can ride one of those really fast jets. That would be fun.

I have been brought through the giants home to a massive garden they have in the centre of their house. I think somebody might have vandalised there grass as there are lots of white lines and writing on it. It's such a shame as the grass is cut really well. There are many humans in this stadium, mostly surrounding the pitch but some are on it. The giants must be holding some kind of party. I am brought into the centre, given to one human and a whistle was blown. I was just admiring the large screen at the top corner of the stadium when suddenly the human holding me kicks me high into the air. I am thrown around, kicked and grabbed. I don't know why they are doing this to me but it is extremely painful. However, on occasions I am kicked so high into the air I can look out of the stadium and see the human city.

I see a sign board, saying "Welcome to New York City", that must be what this place is called. I can see a very tall building with a large spire on the top. It looks to be about 1454 feet tall with 102 stories. Judging by the human architecture I'd say it was built in 1931. The tanning process has given me extremely long and detailed vision and I can see that the building is called the "Empire State Building" and is located on 5th avenue between 33rd and 34th street.

The humans have finally stopped beating me, I am being taken again off to another destination. I hope they don't beat me up again, I ache all over, but I will miss New York City and it's shame I didn't get to meet a giant. But that is it for today. Betsy the Football, OVER AND OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment